Cold Fermented Ciabatta
This wonderfully light and airy Ciabatta is made using the same cold fermented dough as the overnight Focaccia.
1kg AP or white bread flour
800g ice cold water
4g instant yeast
20g fine sea salt
1) Mix all dry ingredients together.
2) Add ice cold water.
3) Combine wet and dry ingredients - making sure that no dry flour remains.
4) Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
5) Remove from the fridge and allow for an additional bulk fermentation of 3 hours at room temperature.
6) Divide into 3 or 4 pieces, dust with flour and allow to rise in a baker's couche for 3 hrs.
7) Transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake with steam at 260 C for 25 to 30 minutes.
Babette's Bread Ltd.